1. Wrap the box in white
2. Pick out construction papers with colors of the rainbow
3. Cut 1/2 inch strips of paper, 2 for each color
4. Line up the colors to resemble the rainbow
5. Do the same to the second set of paper, placing the strips perpendicular to the first set. The the order of the color the same.
6. Start weaving. Over, under, over, under…
7. Pull all strips together tightly. Place a few pieces of clear tapes on top to secure them.
8. Place the white box on top. Wrap the strips of papers around to the back and connect them using small pieces of clear tapes.
9. Bring the second set of paper to the back as well and start weaving again. Use a toothpick to help if it’s getting a little difficult to pull the papers through.
10. Secure each strip with tape
The finished gift from the back…
…and the front
I went an extra step and did a second layer of gift wrapping just to add some excitement to the gift opening session :)
I placed the small box into a larger box …
..and wrap the larger box in white again
Made a few rosettes with the left over construction papers.
Attached some ribbons on them and placed them on top of the box…
Here is now it looked.
No, that was it. I didn’t put this box into an even larger box.
Here is my grandpa opening the gift :-)