Time to share with you another heathy, flavorful and fun to eat sandwich. Hubbie and I came across this at a French restaurant in PA. We loved it, I wanna make it at home yah dah yah dah yah dah :)
I made this for a family dinner as an appetizer and everyone loved it. Definitely a crowd pleasing type of food. Let’s jump right in to it!
1. Start off with a piece of multigrain toasted bread. You can use French baguette to keep with the theme if you want. I used what I always have on hands. We basically want something with a crunch to it. I spread a generous amount of hummus over it. I used the one with some roasted peppers but the most basic type would work.
2. Spread on top of the hummus some tuna fish chunks. I used tuna from a can and it was just delicious.
3. The next layer would be cannellini beans. Again, from a can, rinsed and drained. Can you already see that this is the type of thing that you can quickly put together as you guests entering your door steps? ;-)
4. To add some beautiful color and freshness to the sandwich, I add some diced tomatoes as the next layer. Be sure to add only the tomato’s “meat”, no seeds, no juice as they would make your sandwich soggy and we don’t want that.
5. Top the whole thing off with a leaf or two of cilantro. You can also sprinkle some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper too.
Love this combination, flavor busting in every bite! Hope you’ll try this out!